Cutting Board Care Instructions
We’ve curated a list of our favorite tips to ensure the longevity of your board to keep it looking beautiful.
- Keep your cutting board dry when not in use
- Don't leave water on the surface or let it sit on a wet counter.
- Don't put it in the dishwasher. Instead, hold it at an angle and wash your board with soap and water in the sink.
- Be sure to thoroughly dry the board with a cloth or paper towel immediately afterwards. Do not let air dry.
- Store your cutting board flat rather than vertical.
- Don’t expose your board to wide variations in temperature, humidity, or moisture
- Wood expands and contracts under these conditions which can lead to warping or cracking. In other words, avoid leaving your board in the car, in direct sunlight, or outside for long periods of time.
Periodically treat your board with mineral oil We recommend doing this once every few months to prevent wood movement and to keep your board looking vibrant. Liberally apply the oil and let it saturate into the wood for at least an hour before wiping off the excess.